Tuesday, November 14th will go down in PCWBN history as one of the most well attended events of the year. Over 80 ladies joined us for a night of wine tasting, networking, and meeting new friends at the beautiful Rockwell Room on Main St.
Kirsten Fox, head of Fox School of Wines, lead us in a wine tasting tour of three wines, teaching us the 5 senses of wine tasting, and recommending classic food pairings for the holiday. Shop these great wines this holiday season:
- MAN Family Vitners Chenin Blanc '16 - Coastal Region, South Africa - $9.08 - This wine was chosen because of its all-around, food-friendly flavor profile and high value for its price. Mouth-watering Chenin Blanc with intense tropical fruit flavors offset by a vibrant acidity. Great for parties!
- Cellars CanBlau 2014 - D.O. Montsant, Spain - $17.17 - Look at the label! What a stunner! It's a party all by itself - no need to wrap it. Can Blau is a red blend with Carinena, Syrah and Garnacha. Wood smoke, spice box, incense, lavender, black cherry and plum aromas are followed by a mouth-filling dense wine with outstanding grip and length.
- Penfold's Max's Shiraz Cabernet 2015 - South Australia - $21.21 - Another very cool looking bottle to bring as a host gift or to put under the tree. This is a blend of 71% Shiraz and 29% Cabernet and is a tribute to the head Penfold's winemaker from 1948-1975, Max Schubert. The nose offers olive oil, cedar, exotic spices and dried oregano. On the palate, enjoy roasted vegetables, textured by assertive tannins that provide counter-balance to the sweet fruit.
We hosted an EPIC raffle thanks to our thoughtful sponsors including:
- CC Bling Wine Charms Set ($28 Value)
- Right at Home Wine Bucket ($45 Value)
- Cache Toffee Six Flavor Sample Box ($45 Value)
- Oil & Vinegar Black Truffle Oil & Salt ($47 Value)
- Young Market Luxurious Wine Opener ($179 Value)
- A Reading from the Akashic Records by Sharon
- Mindful Cuisine Cooking Class Gift Certificate
- Fox School of Wine Weekend Wine Series Classes Gift Certificate for Two (2)
An enormous THANK YOU to our venue sponsor The Rockwell Room, and our Title Sponsor, Kristal Bowman-Carter from Bowman-Carter Law for graciously sponsoring November's event.
Enjoy some picts below and our album on facebook HERE: